Never heard of primal living? Well, in a nutshell, it’s about taking cues from the way our ancestors lived and embracing a lifestyle that’s more in line with our basic biology.
It encompasses all aspects of life, including how we move, interact with others, embrace nature, manage our sleep, etc. But most notably, it informs the way we eat.
Now that doesn’t mean you need to go around foraging for berries or hunting your own game. It’s simply about doing your best to create a lifestyle based on the way humans were designed to interact with the world. For me, that means striving to:
- eat real, nutrient dense foods that fuel my body rather than tax it (no grains, dairy, soy or sugar)
- spend as much time outside as I can
- keep my body moving (without overdoing it)
- surround myself with people who empower me
- keep the unnatural stressors of modern life to a minimum
For more on the philosophy behind the primal lifestyle, check out this insightful post by my #1 paleo idol, Liz Wolfe.
For a down-to-earth explanation of the paleo/primal diet, see what Nom Nom Paleo has to say.